Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 340 grams Crab Meat
- 2 Bacon Rashes Diced
- 3 Shallots
- 160 grams Dollop Cream
- 1 tbsp Tartare Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 Egg
- 100 grams Rice Crackers
- 3 tbsp Oil, For Frying
- Slice bacon and shallots. Heat frypan over medium heat and add bacon, shallots and cream. Fry until cream starts to reduce, stirring continuously for 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl add crab meat (we used canned crab meat, drained well), almond meal or breadcrumbs, tartare sauce, egg and garlic salt. Mix well and add cooled cream mix. Mix well again.
- Place rice crackers in a ziplock bag and crush or you can use a blender if you have one. Set aside in a bowl.
- Roll a large handful of crab meat mix into a ball (it will be quiet soft), drop into bowl of rice crackers and coat well.
- Set aside on baking paper so they don't stick.
- Heat frypan and the olive oil over medium heat. Carefully place crab cakes into frypan and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes each side.
- Serve with salad, lemon wedges and dollop of tartare.