Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 1/4 cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Coconut Milk (800ml)
- 1 Dairy-free Dark Chocolate chopped (available from health food stores)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a round tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Set up a double boiler with a medium saucepan half filled with water and a metal bowl on the top.
- Add half the chocolate and the coconut milk together in the bowl and stir until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the sugar, sifted flour, baking powder and vanilla extract and beat with an electric hand beater for a couple of minutes or until well combined.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Turn carefully onto a wire rack to cool.
- Heat the remaining chocolate and coconut milk in the double boiler and again stir over the heat until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the cooled cake and serve.