Filling, nutritious and delicious Easy Veggie-Stuffed Apple Muffins!
Your kids won’t complain having these in their lunch boxes so bookmark this one to your back to school recipe list. I also like to whip up some during the autumn, when I have some leftover zucchinis from summer that I want to get rid of.
This recipe is really versatile, too. You can do with less veggies and more apples, or more apples and a little bit of veggies. If you want a chocolate version of this one, add half cup cocoa powder and a cup of chocolate chips. Okay I’m craving for muffins now. This post made me so hungry I could gobble up five in one round. lol!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees C and prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners (or you can also just grease the muffin pan instead). You will also need a medium-sized bowl and a large-sized one.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and flour together.
- In a large-sized bowl, put in the eggs, sugar, apple sauce and canola oil then mix. Stir until well combined. Slowly add in the mixture from the medium bowl and stir.
- Finally, add the zucchini, apples and carrots. The batter should be thick by now. Stir well.
- Pour mixture to the muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins turn golden brown.