Before I tell you how to make Golden Syrup Self Saucing Pudding from scratch, I ought to tell you who this awesome recipe is from.
My good friend Shelley (who also writes a lot of my baby content on this site) is an amazing cook.
I adore going to her house – she cooks all the time – all that delicious style comfort food that is perfect in the Winter months. This Golden Syrup Self Saucing Pudding is what she has made for me a ton of times, and I’ve finally gotten her to part with her recipe.
It is so easy and yummy!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
To Make the Cake Part of the Pudding:
- In a small saucepan melt 60 grams of the butter and the milk and stir until the butter is melted. Take off the heat.
- Combine the self raising flour and caster sugar in a small oven-proof dish.
- Pour the milk and butter mixture into the flour and sugar and slowly combine well with a fork until it is lump free and looks like a yummy cake mix.
- Stir in a tablespoon of the Golden Syrup.
To Make the Saucy Bit:
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the brown sugar over the mixture, then drizzle the remaining two tablespoons of syrup over the top.
- Pour the boiling water over the back of a large spoon to cover the entire mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 160 degrees (fanforced) or 180 degrees (prehistoric) for 30 - 40 minutes. Your saucy, bubbly, hot, sweet cake is now ready to gobble. Enjoy!