Indian Rice Pilaf with Spiced Beef is another one of my favourite dishes.
It is simply an explosion of flavours in your mouth and even my children love it (which is really saying something!).
You can use any mince you like – beef, pork, chicken or turkey if you are cutting calories.
I know it looks like a LOT of ingredients – but do yourself a favour and try it.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Lean Beef minced
- 1 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1/3 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 5 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 cup Mixed Frozen Vegetables
- 4 tbsp Shallots diced
- 1/4 cup Coriander chopped
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
Spiced Indian Pilaf
- 1 cup Rice Basmati
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Currants
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric ground
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
Indian Rice Pilaf:
- Insert the paddle in the bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil together with the chopped onion, cumin seeds, caraway seeds and turmeric to the pan.
- Close the lid, select the 'Pan'program.
- Sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add the raw basmati rice and stir until coated in the oil and spices.
- Pour in the chicken stock, cover and cook on automatic casserole/risotto program.
- Add the currants and rest the rice mixture for another 5 minutes. Remove from the bowl and set aside.
- Insert the paddle into the bowl and put back into the MultiCuisine.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil together with the mince and sauté until brown.
- Add the garlic, curry powder, sweet chilli sauce, the frozen vegetables, 1/2 cup of water and shallots.
- Select the 'Oven' program and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Serve the spiced beef spooned over the Indian rice pilaf.
- Top with a tablespoon of natural yoghurt and some chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.