Passionfruit Melting Moments
This recipe is from Passionfruit Australia Inc – you see, passionfruit is in season at the moment! I have four beautiful passionfruit vines here at my property in Gympie and they are just ripening on the vine. They are so delicious and the pulp freezes really well so you can enjoy beautiful passionfruit all the time!
I can’t wait to make this recipe as I’m a huge fan of Melting Moments (just ask my thighs!).
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- To make the biscuits, beat the butter, icing sugar, lime juice and vanilla extract with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, until pale and creamy.
- Sift flour and cornflour over the butter mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to firm up slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Roll a heaped tablespoon of dough into a ball, place on a lined tray and press lightly with the tines of a form to form a cross-hatch pattern on the top. Repeat with remaining dough to make 24 biscuits.
- Bake approximately 14 minutes until just golden. Cool briefly on trays, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To Make the Lime Butter:
- Beat the Lime Butter ingredients with an electric beater for 3 minutes until pale and creamy.
Putting it All Together:
- Top half the biscuits with lime butter and refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Top line butter with a spoonful of cooled passionfruit curd and sandwich with the remaining biscuits.
- Store sandwiches biscuits in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.