There are times when flavour pairings really work, and these Rosemary Apple Lamb Burgers are one of them. The sweetness of the lamb pairs wonderfully with the apple, and the rosemary just rounds the entire ensemble out. We take the apple one step further with these burgers by adding grilled apple slices to the burgers. Talk about delicious!
Now, this burger recipe has neither breadcrumbs nor egg in it, which is fine. That being said, you’ll want to choose lamb that’s about 30% fat, to bind it together.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Lamb Mince
- 2 Garlic Clove minced finely
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Dried Rosemary or 2 tbsp if fresh
- 1 medium Apple cooking variety, peeled, cored + grated
- 1 gram Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- In a large but shallow bowl, mix the garlic cloves, rosemary and grated apple. Combine well.
- To this bowl add the lamb mince and work everything together using a spoon or damp hands. Shape the burger meat into 4 patties, remembering to make them a bit bigger as they shrink when cooked.
- Cover and chill the burgers for about 20 minutes, which helps to hold them together as they cook.
- Cook the burgers on a preheated pan, grill or BBQ for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve as you desire!