Smashed Maltesers Tiramisu is a rich, decadent, naughty dessert that is terrible on both the waistline and the sugar count..
..but who doesn’t love to be a little naughty!
This recipe serves a HUGE 18 people comfortably. Perfect for a special birthday (grown-ups that is), Christmas or for a dinner party! Best made the night before and kept in the fridge until ready to serve.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 6 Eggs separated
- 3 tbsp Castor Sugar
- 250 grams Sour Light Cream
- 1 Double Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250 grams Malteasers (or small packet)
- 2 tbsp Kahlua
- 5 cups Strong Brewed Coffee Cooled To Room Temperature
- 1 Pack Of Sponge Finger Biscuits (Use Around 30 Pcs.)
- In large mixing bowl beat egg yolks and sugar for one minute.
- Add sour cream, double cream and Kahlua and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold the egg whites into the cream mixture.
- Quickly dip sponge fingers into the coffee one at a time and arrange neatly in a large baking dish.
- Use 15 biscuits to cover the bottom of the dish and spread half the cream mixture over the biscuits and sprinkle with smashed Malteasers.
- Repeat the soaked biscuits and cream layer, then top with the remaining smashed Malteasers.
- Cover tightly with cling wrap and refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Serve with a dollop of cream and cup of coffee!