Now I will admit that I am a huge fan of Bosisto’s Eucalyptus Oil and I do add it to my washing now and I love the smell of eucalyptus on my washing. The 1kg pack does suit both top and front loaders, which is great because I always end up buying the wrong sort at the shops (recently swapped from top loader to front loader). It does sud quite a bit (even though it does say low foam on the pack), but certainly not like usual top loading powders. I do prefer a liquid to a powder and apparently it does come in a 500ml liquid form – but I haven’t yet seen this available in the shops.
The pack recommends adding two scoops of washing powder per wash. I only used the one and thought even that was too much. Next time I’ll try 2/3rd’s of one scoop. The wash-ability was certainly comparable to Omo. It removed obvious stains and is strong enough to clean heavily soiled children’s clothing. Don’t use too much powder though – some of my bright colours felt a little ‘over washed’.
Value for Money:
The 1kg pack cites 33 washes and retails for $8.99. At 33 washes I consider the pack expensive (at 27c per wash). However as mentioned above, if you reduce the amount (and I recommend you do) – not only does it wash just as well – you get more bang for your buck.
- Smells amazing, washes really really well. You don’t need a whole scoop to clean a load of washing (I halved it with really good results)
- Great stain removal ability for new and obvious stains.
- Comes in a liquid too (even though it wasn’t on the shelves).
- Is grey water and sewerage treatment plant friendly.
- Only comes in a 1kg powder – wish you could buy it in larger packs to save money.
- The inner resealable pack doesn’t seal particularly well. Makes my laundry smell nice though.
- The eucalyptus smell doesn’t really linger much after washing.
- Quite expensive as far as laundry powder goes.
If you would like to organise a product review for your product – please contact Stay at Home Mum’s Advertising Section.
Stay at Home Mum was not paid for this product review and the product was purchased with our own money. No correspondence was entered into with Bosisto’s and the review is our own honest opinion.